By Jeremy Hudson, February 18, 2020
User Training – How Important is it?
Introducing a new technology to your company can be challenging. There will be objections, questions, learning curves and possible resistance. Whether you are introducing it to just your team or the whole company, incorporating user training early and often can help relieve some of the pain that leaders can feel when introducing new technology.
In part four of Open Sky Groups’ five-part series with Let’s Talk Supply Chain, Jeremy and Sarah chat about the importance of user training in software implementation projects. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why it’s important to work with your partner to set the tone for the training process at the beginning of the project
- How early should you introduce your employees to the new software
- When should you bring your internal IT department into a project?
- What should you expect from good training?
- How do you translate that training into a documented plan that will last beyond the go-live to train your future employees?
Get the tools and information you need to know about user training to be successful with your next supply chain technology projects. If you don’t have time to watch the whole video, here are some highlights:
- Setting the tone for a successful training process – 1:00
- Conduct user training in phases or all at once? – 4:15
- Expectations of good training – 5:35
Not quite ready to contact Open Sky Group? If you’re interested in more of the series, here are links to the related videos:
Change Management – How Should You Think About it?
Software Partners – What’s the Importance of Knowing Yours?
No Modifications Approach – What Does That Mean?